Fine pie of seared foie gras, with caramelized onion and porto.
Appetizers, Tapas, Salted, Foie gras
Foie gras served on a puff pastry tart and accompanied by caramelized onions.
L'idée déco To obtain an optimal caramelized foie gras, it is recommended to heat your pan well and remove any excess fat during the cooking process.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 tapas
For the foie gras
Foie gras scallop
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 400.00 °F
- General preparationCut small circles of puff pastry using a cookie cutter. Cut red onion into cubes. Thin out the thyme.
- Oignon preparationIn a saucepan, burn it the diced onion for about 20 to 30 minutes over medium heat. Add the thyme leaves and deglaze everything with the port. Reduce until the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mini-tart preparationPlace the dough circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with parchment paper and finally a second baking sheet to prevent the dough from rising too much. Then let them bake for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Foie gras preparationSeason your pieces of foie gras with salt. In a hot pan, drop the pieces of foie gras and let them color on two sides for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer them to a small plate and cut each piece in 6.
- To servePlace a spoonful of caramelized onions and a piece of foie gras on each puff pastry. Decorate with a few flakes of Maldon salt. Serve immediately!
To obtain an optimal caramelized foie gras, it is recommended to heat your pan well and remove any excess fat during the cooking process.