Sicilian arancini with peas and ham
Vegetables and Fruits, Risotto, Pasta and Rice, Pork
A tasty parmesan, peas and ham rice ball.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 90 min
Preheat your fryer at 400 °F
Cisel the onion.
Dice the ham.
Grate the cheese.
Sweat the onions and the ham with olive oil in a pot. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and let evaporate. While mixing non stop with a wooden spoon, add the broth one ladle at a time until the rice is cooked (about 20 minutes). Add the peas and the parmesan cheese.
Let the rice cool down in the fridge.
Make some rice balls with the risotto.
Roll them in the flour, then in the eggs then in the breadcrumbs.
Put in the fryer for few minutes until they are nice and gold.
It's best with risotto leftovers!
Class with similar recipe
CUISINE DU MONDE
Antipasti, tasty Italian bites! 2 glasses of wine included
- Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- Little jar of italian marinated antipasti : artichoke, pearl onion, bocconcini and sage
- Sicilian arancini with peas and ham
- Tartine with grilled eggplant, tomato bruschetta with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese
- Veal polpette with gorgonzola, creamy sauce with apples and walnuts