Crispy puff pastry filled with almond cream, crystallized syrup, roasted flaked almonds
Biscuit Dough, Cream, Sweet
Traditionnal french pastry also known as "sidewalk". Here filled with rum flavored almond cream.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your Oven at 400.00 °F
- Almond cream
In a bowl, add the soft butter with sugar and mix energetically. Add the eggs one by one. Add the other ongredients (sieved). Mix well. Add a bit of rum.
Bake the almonds on a pastry tray for 5 minutes.
Cut vertically in the middle the pastry leaves. You should have 4 rectangular pastry leaves now.
In the center, add some almonds cream rolls using a pastry bag with a 1.5 cm wide tip. Leave a 1 cm wide band around the leaf. you should be able to do 4 to 5 rolls.
Using a wet brush, wet the 1cm large band. Cover one leaf with another. Press with your fingers to seal the sides.
With the tip of a knife, make some lines all around the pastry.
Brush with a mix of egg and water. Pick on the sides and 3 times on top.
Bake on a pastry tray for 25 to 30 minutes.
In a bowl, mix water and sugar.
When still hot, brush the pastry with that mix. Sprinkle with almonds.
Slice your sidewalks and decorate with icing sugar
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
LES 6 à 8 COCKTAIL/TAPAS
Cocktail and Tapas courses + 1 glass of wine included
- Coconut milk calamari soup, green curry, lemongrass and ginger, vegetables julienne
- Crispy chicken burger, Migneron de Charlevoix, smoked tomato mayo, romaine lettuce
- Crispy puff pastry filled with almond cream, crystallized syrup, roasted flaked almonds
- Gin & Paradise
- Italian veal meat balls, candied cherry tomato sauce, basil, ricotta
- Tuna Poke bowl, spicy mayo, edamame, sesame, green onion