Shrimp, zucchini, lemon confit, basil and watercress
Espelette pepper roasted shrimp tails served on a zucchini matchstick salad with a confit lemon vinaigrette.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Oven at 400 °F
Remove the shrimp tails from the shell. Cut the zucchini into small matchsticks with the help of a mandolin. Finely slice the French shallot. Cut the yellow pepper into fine matchsticks. Zest and juice the lemon. Remove the center of the confit lemons and slice the skin. Slice the basil.
In a mixing bowl, start off by seasoning the shrimp with a thread of oil, salt and Espelette pepper. Next, transfer them to a baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes. You will know it is ready when the flesh is brittle and tender.
Place the lemon confit, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil in the blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- Garnish and plating
Start by seasoning the vegetables with the lemon vinaigrette. Place this salad in the bottom of your serving dish and garnish with the shrimp. Sprinkle with basil for the final touch.
Do not mistake sweet confit lemons for the salted version. The sweet version, confit in sugar, is best used in desserts.
Class with similar recipe
Chic tapas !! 2 glasses of wine included
- Beef yakitori, cheese fondant, honey and roasted sesame, soya sauce, marinated ginger and green onion
- Breton shortbread, tiramisu cream, vanilla citrus
- Haddock fish cake with corn and chive, Cajun mayonnaise
- Potatoes and pulled-duck confit gratin, roasted hazelnuts, old cheddar
- Shrimp, zucchini, Lemon confit, Basil and watercress