Haddock fish cake with corn and chive, cajun mayonnaise
A savory amuse-bouche inspired by Louisiana flavors; a small tasty cake served with its Cajun mayonnaise.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 tapas
For the cake
For the mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Fryer at 400 °F
- Beforehand preparation
Cook the haddock for 8 minutes in the oven at 375F°, and then fray the meat delicately with your fingers. Chop the green onion and the parsley.
- Preparation of the cake
In a bowl, put the dry ingredients in the form of a well. In another bowl, mix the eggs with the milk. Form the cake batter and then add the corn, the green onion, the haddock and the parsley. Fry the cakes until you get a nice golden coloration. Finish the baking for 5 minutes in the oven at 375F°.
- Preparation of the mayonnaise
In a bowl, mix the egg yolk with Dijon mustard and the lemon juice. Pour the vegetal oil in a small stream while whipping constantly until you obtain a firm texture. Add salt, pepper and the Cajun spices.
For a vegetarian version of this tapas, you can replace the haddock by vegetables like broccolis, cauliflowers, mushrooms, etc.
Class with similar recipe
LES 6 à 8 COCKTAIL/TAPAS
Cocktail and tapas classes + 1 glass of wine included
- Beef sirloin lollipop marinated in Sancho pepper and rosemary, blanched onion purée
- Duck tataki with red berries, green peas in meat jus sauce
- Haddock fish cake with corn and chive, Cajun mayonnaise
- Moist yogurt cake, citrus sherbet, mandarin gel, lime zest whipped cream
- Tony Cocktail
- Tuna and shrimp tartare, diced strawberries, cilantro and peppercorn on croutons