Lobster and scallop thermidor gratin, fennel, tarragon, yukon gold potatoes and monterey jack cheese
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Lobster and scallop Thermidor
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your four at 425 °F
- Set upFinely chop the shallots.Slice the mushrooms.Chop the garlic.Coarsely chop the tarragon.Grate the cheese.Peel and slice the fennel.Peel and dice the potatoes
- Lobster, scallops and potatoesLobster:Boil a pot of water, when your water start boiling drop the lobster in it, count 12 to 13 minutes of cooking.Remove the lobster from the water with tongs, let it cool down, then cut it and recover all the flesh.Scallops:Simmer the milk in a saucepan, dip the scallops about 1 to 2 minutes.Take them out, pass the milk through a strainer.Potatoes:In a pot of cold water with salt, dip your diced potatoes, bring it to boil for 5 minutes.Drain and cool them under running cold water to stop the cooking.
- Thermidor sauceIn a saucepan, melt the butter, add the shallots, the mushrooms and garlic and cook them for few seconds. Pour the flour and mix with your wooden spatula.Add the warm milk, stir again with a whisk, bring to boil then reduce the heat.Add the mustard, paprika, scallops, lobster meat and potatoes.Make a slight boil and then stop the fire.Add tarragon and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- FennelIn a frying pan with oil and a knob of butter, fry the chopped fennel.Season with salt and pepper, stir fry the fennel during 3/4 minutes.
- Gratin assemblingDivide the fennel in the gratin dishes, add Thermidor mix on top.Top with grated cheese and bake for about 10 minutes. Make sure the cheese is nicely colored.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »