Dark chocolate éclairs with milk chocolate cereals
Another variant of the choux dough is a recipe of éclairs. Chocolate variation for this recipe with crispy chocolate cereals.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the choux
For the chocolate pastry cream
For the chocolate cereals
Preparation time: 20 min
Preheat your Four at 400 °F
- For the éclairs
In a saucepan bring to boil the water, the milk, the sugar, the salt, the butter and the vanilla. Remove from the stove and add the flour with a wood spoon. Cook together on the fire until the dough pulls away from the edge of the pan. Put the mix in the mixer and add the eggs one by one. Fill a pastry bag with the dough and realize the éclairs, 12 cm long on a baking tray with parchement paper. Put it in the oven and cook it until it gets golden brown.
- Preparation for the chocolate pastry cream
In a saucepan, heat milk. In a bowl, vigorously whisk together the sugar and eggs. Add flour and cornstarch and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the hot milk gradually, whisking. Return to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and add the butter and chocolate and stir until all is melted.
- Preparation for the chocolate cereals
Melt the milk chocolate in the bain-marie. At the last moment, pour the chocolate on cereals and mix delicately.
- To serveCut the top of the eclairs on their length, then with a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, filled the éclairs with custard. Arrange on top of éclairs some chocolate cereals.
For cereals remain crisp at the moment of eating, better do this step at the last moment. To help the chocolate freezes faster, remove the plate in the refrigerator for 5 minutes then remove and leave to room temperature.
Class with similar recipe
Classics of French Pastry
- Paris Brest with a praline and hazelnut heart
- Caramelized apple mille-feuille, vanilla ivory cream
- Dark chocolate éclairs with milk chocolate cereals
- Pistachio macaroons