Fish cakes, cucumber and carrots salad with rice vinegar vinaigrette
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
A typical north american dish with asian inspirations.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the fish cake
Red cari paste
Fish sauce nuoc-mâm
For the salad
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
- For the preparationsPreheat the deep fryer on 350 F.Mince the basil leaves very thinly. Cut the carrot and cucumber in a very small dice.Chop the garlic.
- For the roasted peanutsBake the peanuts on a baking tray for 3-4 minutes and chop them with a food processor
- For the fish cakeIn the food processor, chop the fish until you get a paste. Add in the curry paste, fishsauce, sugar, cornstarch and the egg. Mix well. Transfer into a bol and mix in the kaffir lime leaves and longbeans. Using two small spoons, form little patties and fry them in the deep fryer until golden.
- For the salad In a small pot, place the rice vinegar, the sugar, salt and chili. Bring it to a boil and add in the garlic, simmer for 5 minutes. Take ou of the heat and add in the cucumber, carrot and peanuts.
- For the plattingOn a small plate, put the salad in the middle, the fish cakes on the top and some vinaigrette around.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »